Stormwater/Flood Control Engineer – Davis, CA
West Yost is a consulting engineering firm that provides high-quality client services in stormwater drainage/treatment, hydrologic/hydraulic modeling, low impact development, water quality best management practices, and aquatic habitat restoration and creation engineering support services. We also provide small to large scale flood control engineering services. Additionally, West Yost is a leader in water supply, water and wastewater treatment, groundwater, and recycled water engineering. Our professionals provide complete water engineering, science, and technology services from nine offices in California, Oregon, and Arizona.
Our staff include professionals in civil, mechanical, chemical, and electrical engineering; water and wastewater treatment planning and design; geology, engineering geology, and hydrogeology; architecture; GIS; land surveying; control system cybersecurity; and construction management and inspection services.
The Stormwater/Flood Control Engineer is responsible for engaging with clients and staff on technical issues associated with stormwater engineering services on projects ranging from drainage studies for small individual sites, through city-wide and regional stormwater master plans. Candidates should have a history of success winning, managing, and performing stormwater drainage/treatment, hydrologic/hydraulic modeling, low impact development, water quality best management practices, aquatic habitat restoration and creation engineering support services (or at least several of these services).
Services may be provided for all phases of a project including planning, design, and engineering services during construction. This position also includes mentoring junior staff in the skills and practices necessary for success in these areas of responsibility.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in in Civil, Water Resources, and/or Environmental Engineering.
- 7+ years’ experience in civil engineering consulting or engineering management.
- Hydrologic and hydraulic modeling experience using XPSWMM, HECHMS, HECRAS, EPA SWMM.
- Ability to prepare well written master plans, studies, and technical memoranda that concisely communicate technical and non-technical analyses and conclusions.
- Be “connected” in the Northern California Region to be able to successfully market clients and win competitive and sole source projects.
- Experience with CAD and GIS.
- PE licensure in the State of California or ability to obtain PE licensure within 6 months of hire. PE licensure in other states that the firm is actively practicing may also be considered.
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Ability to prepare engineering calculations, compile plans, and organize basic designs.
- Proven ability to successfully manage multiple priorities and deadlines.
West Yost Associates is and Equal Opportunity Employer, employee owned, and offers a competitive salary and generous benefits package.